Tuesday, December 22, 2015

DA-ME-TEE



I hear the distant drum beat faintly
It’s been
Wonderful, interesting, exciting, glorious and fun
I’m glad to be with you
Now and Forever




I can’t forget how it all began
I can’t forget your sweet face
The innocence in you
Your sweet smile
And then
The loving nature that drew me to you
At first I wasn’t sure
But my baby steps
Led to friendship
And friendship led me to
Carving a space for you in my heart

I’m more than willing
To live a life of adventure with you
I’m capable
Of giving you
My heart, soul and life
I want to cherish you
To the depth of my soul
I’ll give you my hand

As your name suggests
I bask in joy all because of you
And you are a special treasure
Given to me by God

I promise to love you
I will be the man of your dreams
The best father our kids can have
The one who can guide and guard you
You can't imagine how much you mean to me

I will not just be your wife
I will be the balm that soothes your pain
Your comfort in every way
The calm through life’s storm
A resting place from life’s trouble
Our children will wake up and call me blessed
I’m your jewel of inestimable value

Here’s a toast to us
Here’s a toast to our future
Here’s a toast to what we’ll become
Let everyone get their sunshades
#ourfutureisbright
#loveistheway
#thelordourbanner






2 comments: