Monday, February 15, 2016

MY LOVE NOT MY VAL.



My love
Not my Val
Because you
Don’t come knocking once a year
You’re the reason I exist
The reason I can go on
The one I give my heart to
Again
And again
And more than once again


                                                                

It’s the highs and lows

The ups and downs
The hurts and forgiveness
That hopes and disappointment
The joy and pain
The honey and myrrh
That’s made us
Have what we have
And this has become
Who we are

The arrows have been shot at us
The wounds are healing
The sinews are growing on the bones
The sun is shinning
The harmattan is fading
It’s all dry and hot

Read: We have us

Oh!
But I can see
I can see the clouds
It’s smaller than a fist of cloud
It will blanket us
And pour down
Refreshing us
And bringing a spine with it
As we bask as one
You and I
I and you

Then we will have
The vine and its fruits
The wine will come from it
We will drink
Drink and be merry
And share to all who care for more wine
For it is who we are
It is who we are meant to be

Read: Make love to me


photo credit: kurtzion.wordpress.com


3 comments:

  1. Val isnt about a one day thing but it's a day for all to agree that there is love. #ifyoudontlikeitthentakevalium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must be a woman,I'm sure you made your boo spend yesterday #winsh

      Delete