Friday, February 19, 2016

NOT ALONE NOT ABANDONED.



I’m sitting on the rocks
Looking at the green lands afar off
It looks so refreshing
So serene and peaceful
Like nothing ever disturbs it
  
It makes me so sad
So troubled
Why should it be that wonderful
While I sit on the rocks
Soaking garri alone
While they eat all of the goodies of life

This thin air I breathe
Must be from Mars
Because no one knows how I feel
I can’t even begin to unfold
The depth of what is in my heart
It not only hurts to be vulnerable
It would be painful
To be misguided
Misinformed
Maligned
And shred to pieces
Like the cabbage in my salad

Hold on!
I see the King fisher coming
I think it’s suspicious
With its large head
Long and sharp pointed beak
And short stubby legs
It preys on anything

But its large head doesn’t mean it’s dunce
Just that it can keep thinking of you
It’s long and sharp pointed beak
Will fend for me
And fight for me
Its short and stubby legs
Is for me to know
It won’t run off
It will patiently wait for me
Every step of the way

Yes it’s shy
Because it wants me to take the first step
To invite her
And bring her close
So she can make me
As coloured
And as bright and beautiful
As she is
So she can bring her family
And turn my rocks into a home
I’ll be super delighted
If she does that

Photo credit: pcwallart.com










1 comment:

  1. Perfect words. Thank you so much Bolanle but which one is garri na. You would used ice cream or something (lol). But I do love this piece

    ReplyDelete