Monday, February 22, 2016

TO BE VULNERABLE.



Out of my fears
Out of my shadows
I creep out
Crawl out
I look right
And left
Then right and left again
I hurriedly come out of my hole
And run into the shrubs
 
I’m eating away
Decaying
As I’m more than burdened
From the weight
Of life’s processes

I ran to my birdie
My padipadi
And I showed my scales
As disgusting as it is
My shameful figure
As despicable as it is
I opened my festering wounds
Expecting you to bring
The spirit, G.V, iodine
But I saw you coming with others
With their machetes and cutlasses
Prying eyes
Accusing fingers
Spits and coughs
All of me
Poured out on the sheet
And on the street
For all of you

My tears sting
My lungs are on fire
My heart bleeds
My head pounds
As I face my long alley alone
Dragging myself back into it

But I see a distant light
Calling me from afar
Telling me it’s ok
It’s a wonderful feeling
To be vulnerable
Hurts are steps
To becoming vulnerable

I can see someone else
Walking towards me
But you look like my birdie
My padipadi before before
You really look alike
But I can see into your eyes
You are two different people
All I need is to take away the fear
And walk with you
And learn to trust
I will take the baby steps
And I know it won’t end in shame.

Photo credit: dailymail.co.uk



1 comment: