Monday, March 7, 2016

I LOVE HER THAT WAY



Look at her
Look at my pride
She has fought many battles
For me
And she bears all the scars
Carrying all the marks
In her body and soul
Yet she still shows so much love
For me
To me
 
She makes my heart swell with pride
She’s bent from it all
But I love her that way
She may not be your ideal woman
But I love her
Just the way she is
I cherish her
Just the way she is

She doesn’t need to wear
The YSL or D&G
I am her fashion line
I don’t care if she doesn’t shop in Primark
Or use your cologne
Uncle who ask you
Auntie mind your business
She’s mine
You go tell me wetin consign you
So because she no carry Versace
E dey pepper you for body
Find work abeg
#leavethrashforlawma

If I’m grateful for anything
It’s that the Father has you covered
You’re chilling in his arms
And the thought
Oh that refreshing thought
It’s like the first drop of
Cold water that touches your tongue
When you get out of Naija’s sun

They say
What the previous generation
Can give the next
Is their mistakes
I’ve seen yours
I don’t take it likely
And it’s spurred me on
Yes I will be better
#womanlikenoother
#lovelikeher’s
#muchlove
#plentykisses
#mother’slove
#happymother’sday
#Iloveyou

0 comments:

Post a Comment