Sunday, March 6, 2016

ITS MAMAMI'S DAY!



I lay in your arms crying
So gentle not knowing what to do
Little did I know
Those hands would continue to hold me
And they wouldn’t stop
You were always there
Have always been there
Feeding, nurturing, caring
All I needed and more
I found in you
When I needed scolding
You didn’t hide it
When I needed love
You immersed me in it
When I needed ears
You removed yours from your issues
And dropped them at my feet
When I needed a shoulder
Yours was readily available
Even when you didn’t know what to say
You encouraged me
Strengthened me
Rocked me
And most of all
Prayed
And prayed
And kept praying
I know you're still praying

A sweet gem you are
And your sweet scent
Is the reason I move on
From time to time
Your courage is exhilarating
Your wisdom is on-point
Your love is stronger than death
Your life is a source of wealth
I cherish and adore you
You still are my love
My treasure
My precious
Happy Mothers’ day Mamami
I love you more than you will ever imagine.

photo credit: gtreview.com

1 comment:

  1. Happy mother's day to all women esp Iya 'yosi. E jeun omo pe ko ni Jo yin lenu

    ReplyDelete